NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005  

More than a year later, this novel isn't much further along! 5 months after I sent the novel out, I got a rejection on it, though at least it was a nice personal rejection letter. The editor said she liked many things about the novel and my writing, but also said (not surprisingly!) that I need to work on plot. I've had trouble figuring out which parts work and which parts don't, or how to approach a major rewrite, but I have had a few insights into it just recently. Also, 2 writers whose opinions I trust currently have the manuscript for critique, so I'm hoping to get some even perspective on it soon. Meanwhile, I'm about 2/3 of the way through a novel for middle grade readers, and am hoping to finish the first draft of that one soon!

posted by Alison | 11:28 AM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me