NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Thursday, January 22, 2004  

Believe it or not, I sent my 2002 NaNoWriMo novel out yesterday! Submitted it to a HarperCollins editor who had actually asked to see it based on three sample chapters. I'm very nervous now but also relieved to have finally taken that step! I've mailed out short manuscripts before, and had some short things published--mainly short articles and poems--but this is my first time to complete a book, let alone send one out, & it felt rather momentous to mail it off, even if nothing ever comes of it. My dad even sent me an email to congratulate me for really doing it instead of just talking about wanting to write a novel someday. I'll see what happens!

posted by Alison | 10:12 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me