NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Saturday, November 01, 2003  

Am I doing this again? I don't know yet!! I don't have an idea or even a character that I'm excited about yet. I loved NaNo so much last year, & found it so energizing, that I really WANT to do it (and am wearing my 2002 NaNo t-shirt right now for inspiration!), but so far I'm not convinced I carry it off. I don't want to spend that much energy and time on an idea I'm not crazy about--it won't be motivating enough to get me through 50,000 words. I decided to at least give it a shot today, with the closest thing to an idea I have so far (despite having several conflicting ideas for it), but 488 words in, I think the whole thing is doomed! It just sounds idiotic, and I can't imagine anyone turning the page to read more. Sigh!

posted by Alison | 2:13 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me