NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Friday, July 11, 2003  

I thought the editor who wanted to see my NaNo novel was out of pocket until August, but I found out she's back at work now. Eeek! I don't feel ready to send the novel. I almost wonder if I should rewrite the whole thing first! I don't want to kill my chances with it forever.... I haven't been doing a lot of other writing lately, though I do have one poem out for consideration, and the magazine where I originally submitted the essay I sold to Chocolate for a Woman's Soul recently contacted me, 17 months after I sent them the submission, saying they'd like to print it, too! (Which is okay with the Chocolate book, which only acquired one-time rights.) I had to do a rewrite for them, to change the emphasis of the piece somewhat, but they seem to like it and my piece should run in September. Cool.

posted by Alison | 3:09 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me