NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Wednesday, March 26, 2003  

I'm going to yet another writing conference in May, where I think I'll be having another critique with an editor (no confirmation yet that I got a slot, though...), in which case I need to have my critique materials (up to 15 pages of a book manuscript) turned in by next Monday, which means I probably need to mail them by Friday. And I still haven't figured out what I want critiqued! However, I'm thinking it'll probably be the beginning of my NaNo novel. Unfortunately, it still needs a lot of work & I'm not happy about showing it to an editor the way it looks now. Hmm... Not sure I can fix it in one or two days, as I'm not sure where to start!

I got some more good news this week. Yesterday I found out a personal essay I wrote is a finalist in the non-fiction division of a local writing contest. I felt empowered enough when I learned that to try to find someplace to submit it (I'd submitted it to one magazine before, & 14 months later I still haven't heard back, so I assume they're not interested!). I found out about some anthologies called Chocolate for a Woman's Soul, etc., and e-mailed my essay to the editor last night. I got an acceptance for it this morning!! Wow, that was quick! My essay should appear in their next anthology, sometime next year. Too cool. And of course, it would be nice if it won the contest, too...! (Winners don't get published, so it's not a problem that I am getting it published elsewhere.)

posted by Alison | 8:52 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me