NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Wednesday, February 12, 2003  

I finally sent the novel off for critique today! I couldn't imagine how much trouble it was getting it all polished & printed out. And of course, I found 16 more things I needed to change or fix when I skimmed it all before sending out! But nothing too major--extra spaces, or certain phrases used too often or too close to each other--and sent it out that way, anyway. I'm sure those are by far the least of its problems! I also printed it double-sided, as the critiquer said I could do that, so it was "only" 117 sheets, plus a title page & blank end page. I can't imagine how I'd mail it if it were printed on one side--especially if also trying to enclose an envelope for them to send it all back in. I've heard editors prefer envelopes to manuscript boxes, but a box would certainly be easier for me. So anyway, now comes the hard part--waiting to see my work dissected and/or shredded!

posted by Alison | 5:01 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me