NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Thursday, December 05, 2002  

I'm too lazy to post anything new right now, but I'll add something I posted to the NaNo forums a bit ago. There's a poll up about whether NaNo was easier or harder than expected. I hadn't really thought about it until I saw that poll, but then realized it was actually easier than expected. Here's what I posted about that:

I expected to finish, because it was very, very important to me to finish. But I also expected it to be hellish, and to cause a lot of strain on my family and my life in general, and I expected to barely pull it through on November 30th at 11:59 pm, with a lot of pain & angst up to that point. I was stunned that I actually finished early, in 17 days, that it did not cause undue stress on my family life (it was stressful but we're always stressed, so this wasn't out of the ordinary stress!), and that I even wrote more than 50K! On the other hand, the novel is also a lot worse than I hoped it would be.

posted by Alison | 9:35 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me