NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Tuesday, December 31, 2002  

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!


2002 has certainly been a big writing year for me. I made two more sales in the past week! One was a poem I wrote the first version of at age 13...and I'm in my mid-30s now, so that should show you not to give up! Another was my first fiction sale, which I just got the acceptance letter and check for today, on the last day of the year, ending the year with a bang. It is a children's fiction story called "All's Fair at Science Fairs," sold to On the Line magazine. This is a great way to end the year, as well as a nice validation of my chosen path as a writer of children's & young adult fiction. The amazing thing is that last year at this time, I'd gotten a total of four acceptances in eight years of (sporadically) submitting my writing for publication. As of now, I've gotten ten! Not to mention that I wrote that NaNo novel this year....

Here is a wishing a great writing year to all wrimos in 2003, including success for 2002's novels and more great novels next November!

posted by Alison | 6:16 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me