NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Monday, December 16, 2002  

Anyone still reading this? I have not been looking at the forums much lately. Or writing much lately. Not just because NaNo's over, but because of the Christmas crunch. I'm not in the holiday spirit yet this year, but have still been busy trying to buy & mail gifts, prepare for holiday events at my kids' preschool, etc. But I do need to do a lot of writing. I'm going to a writers' retreat in late January with an editor from Viking, and I've sent 15 pages in advance for her to critique. But I want to finish the whole thing (a children's chapter book) by the conference, on the off chance the editor likes it & wants to see it all! So if it seemed easy enough to write 58,000+ words in less than a month for NaNo, why does it seem so daunting now to try to write about 10,000 more in 6 weeks?!

posted by Alison | 6:08 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me