NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Wednesday, November 06, 2002  

Thank goodness. After writing only 680 words yesterday, I wrote 0 all day today. This was even supposed to be a big writing day for me, since it's the day my kids go to Mother's Day Out in the morning. But my older son was sick & couldn't go, & I didn't get a thing done. I was so tired in the evening I just lay on the couch, & expected to go to bed with nothing written. I was about to shut the computer down--it was probably 12:30 or 1:00 am already (so not really the same day, but whatever)--and thought, heck, I ought to write at least one word on my novel! One word turned into more, and now I've been up until nearly 2:15 am already, but I got on a roll and got 1,440 more words written! Still not 1,667, but since I was expecting 0, I'm quite happy with it. Especially because I was actually enjoying the story for a change. I finally introduced the Dexter Monday character, and I really like him! So does my main character...more than I really wanted her to, actually. Hmm. And now this may open up a lot of new directions for the story.

posted by Alison | 2:17 AM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me