NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Friday, November 01, 2002  

Midnight came and brought despair with it. I thought my fingers would be flying, but I sat there for probably 15 or 20 minutes, paralyzed, unable to type a thing. I finally referred to some old notes I had and managed to get it started. And then I ended up writing 1181 words by 2:30 am, and a few more with a notebook in bed around 3 am...and a lot more today so far. I'm really trucking on it now, but not at all sure there's anything salvageable in it! I have this fear that there's nothing about my narrator's personality or situation that would make anyone want to keep reading.

The good thing is that writing does seem to beget writing, so that the more I write, the more my brain is working on the story and the more I have to write. Not that any of it is probably worth writing!

posted by Alison | 4:52 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me