NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Friday, November 08, 2002  

I can't believe it. After putting off writing for about 2 days, I've stayed up until 2:15 writing again...and got nearly 4,000 words written in one writing session! And I even like most of them! I wrote for about 3.5 hours straight. I got the next two scenes down, plus a flashback scene, for a total of nearly 3,000 words, and then I updated my word count and was about to shut down for the night. I read back over what I'd written, & was worried because I'd gotten the main character into a completely new, upbeat tone of voice, but I'd already written some of the later parts and they were glum again, and I didn't know how I was going to get her back from happy to glum, or if I even should. Then it suddenly came to me, and in about half an hour I wrote 900 more words of a transition scene that brings her crashing back down somewhat from the happy scene before it. Too cool.

posted by Alison | 2:24 AM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me