NaNoBlog 2002
30 days. 50,000 words. No sweat.

Saturday, November 02, 2002  

7248 words! I'm now more than 300 words above the word count of my previous longest document ever. It keeps coming out...and I still have more in mind to write on it right now. But unlike my previous longest document ever, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere! It's just narration. There are some scenes & some dialogue, but the character just keeps telling and telling and telling everything, instead of my showing you what the other characters are like. I know I'll never be able to fix this well, once I get 200 pages of this mess! The other odd thing is that I haven't been writing it in chapters...so far it's just one long document. If I started thinking of it in chapters, I fear I'd find it really didn't flow well enough to be broken up that way. Also, there doesn't seem to be enough going on in the story as it is. In my other novel-in-progress, there is both a surface plot and a deeper, emotional growth type of plot, but this one has the two levels too tied together. There isn't enough to hold reader interest. And I still worry my character just sounds like a brat. Eek. But I'm going to go with the flow for now.... I am going to try to write some on my other novel today, too, though! It may seem easier now, though it may be much harder since I actually care a great deal how that one turns out!

posted by Alison | 1:47 PM

archives
links
about my 2002 novel
about me